The French Satellite of Cochrane Skin was set up in 2012.
The objectives of the satellite are as follows:
- to introduce Cochrane to French-speaking dermatological communities;
- to promote evidence-based dermatology among French-speaking dermatologists;
- to teach French-speaking dermatologists to perform and interpret systematic reviews;
- to teach clinicians to use the results of systematic reviews as an evidence base to guide their practice;
- to contribute to the handsearching process for French publications and conference proceedings; and
- to help in the production and updating of Cochrane reviews in the field of Dermatology.
The review 'Systemic pharmacological treatments for chronic plaque psoriasis: a network meta-analysis', first published in December 2017, has being transformed into a living systematic review. This living review will allow us to update the search and present the new trials every month, and the network meta-analysis will be updated every 6 months. This will be the first living Cochrane review including a network meta-analysis. The first update was published January 2020 and the next update April 2021.
We are continuing our efforts to disseminate Cochrane reviews to French dermatologists. A session entitled "10 essential Cochrane reviews" will be presented during the Journées Dermatologiques de Paris (JDP) 2019, the annual congress of the French Society of Dermatology, in December 2019.
If you are French-speaking dermatologist and you wish to follow news on Cochrane reviews, sign up on http://lettres.cochrane.fr/ to receive monthly French abstracts on new published or updated Cochrane reviews of the Cochrane Skin group. 1149 people have already subscribed!
Visit the research team's website.
|Dr Laurence Le Cleach, Dermatologist and Senior Lecturer, Department of Dermatology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Créteil, and collaborator of the French Cochrane Centre since 2011.|
Pr Emilie Sbidian, Créteil
Dr Sebastien Barbarot, Nantes