In 2017 we undertook a large-scale prioritisation exercise, in line with central Cochrane methodologies, to determine a small number of priority titles for the next two years. This exercise was in response to the direction of travel indicated by Cochrane centrally towards fewer, high priority, high quality reviews produced in a timely manner, that will enable us to best utilise the limited capacity of the editorial base whilst providing the most valuable reviews for our stakeholders.
More information about the process can be found here.
In September 2017 we announced seven priority titles that we would like to work on over the next two years, some existing titles and some brand new:
1. Interventions for pruritus of unknown cause (protocol)
2. Treatments for severe drug reactions (protocol)
3. Topical treatments for eczema: a network meta‐analysis (protocol)
4. Systemic treatments for eczema: a network meta‐analysis (protocol)
5. Interventions for bacterial folliculitis and boils (furuncles and carbuncles) (protocol)
6. Treatments for alopecia areata: a network meta-analysis (new team assigned 2019)
7. Educational programmes for primary prevention of skin cancer (withdrawn)
Replaced by 'Interventions for basal cell carcinoma of the skin' (ongoing)